Real Estate Transfers
Conveyance Fee: $3.00 per thousand (Sale price x .003) Rounded to the nearest ten cents.
Transfer Fee: $.50 per parcel
- For real property to be transferred, a document must be prepared and walked through. We do not accept documents through the mail.
- If the property is a metes and bounds description (not a full lot in a subdivision), the document must be submitted to the County Engineer (Third Floor of the Courthouse) for approval. See Conveyance Standards.
- If the property is a full lot in a subdivision, the document can be submitted directly to the Auditor’s Office for transfer.
- Once the property description has been approved, the document can be submitted to the Auditor’s Office for transfer.
- The document is then submitted to the Recorder’s Office to be put on record.
Market Value vs. Purchase Price
Over the past several years, sales prices in our county have been trending upward. Please click here to see the document for a comparison between market value and purchase price for the 2019 property transfers in Muskingum County.